For months, Diane and I planned this trip, and I can't tell you how much I was anticipating it! I knew we would have a great time, but oh my! I just didn't know how much fun it would really be. I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I'd hoped, because you know, you can't take pictures and catch beads at the same time.....

We rode down with Andy and Scott (and I didn't get a single picture of them, but you can see them in the Christmas Eve pictures). We arrived on Friday night and went to a parade in Metairie that night. I think it was Aquila, but I couldn't swear to it. Diane said it was boring, but since it was my very first one, I had fun. The next day, we started some serious parade watching. On the way to the first one, we passed this dog who looked like he really wanted to go, too. Isn't he cute?

The first parade we went to, Iris, went right by Diane's friend Ben's house. So we watched that one with Ben, his girlfriend Christina, and their friend Robin. It's very nice to have a friend's house nearby, because bathrooms are few and far between!

Here are Ben and Christina.


I didn't get very many good pictures at this one, but here is one of the floats.



Ben and Diane catching beads.


Another float.

Ben, Christina, and Robin

Another float.

Robin. Notice the dolphin beads? We managed to get some of those for Tara.


Another float.



Diane and I after the parade. Look at all the beads! Before the trip was over, we had almost 20 pounds of beads.

Diane with Christina's dog, after the parade. Isn't he just adorable?



After Iris, we went to two more parades. I can't remember which ones, except that one of them was Endymion. I think the other one was Tucks. I didn't take any pictures of those because it was too crowded. However, I did get this guy in a fat suit.

Later on Saturday night, we went to a party with Harlee and Kim. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures that night, either, which is a shame, because we looked damn good! Oh, well...

Oh, one more thing. I thought this was just pure genius. The First Baptist Church had clean porta-potties as a fund raiser. It cost $1 each time, or $20 for an all-day pass. Members of the youth group kept the toilet paper stocked and sprayed the seat with Lysol between each customer! How brilliant is that? I'm sure they made tons of money.



Home : : Back to Photos



Home :: Photos :: Food :: Knitting :: Beadwork :: Soapmaking :: Halloween :: Links

Copyright 2000-2004 by Jeri M. Burdett. All rights reserved.

Website by